JK Breaking News

#1 Online News Portal of J&K

Sopore man dies of electrocution in Kupwara village

A 34-year-old man died on the spot due to electrocution in Bumhama area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Tuesday evening.

A police officer said that Reyaz Ahmad Lone (34) son of Abdul Jabar Lone of Achabal, Sopore received the serious electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire in Bumhama locality late last evening.

The officer said the incident occurred when Reyaz and his other colleagues were erecting a tent and fell down on the ground following the electric shock after the pole touched the high-voltage line.

Reyaz was immediately taken to Sub-District hospital Kupwara where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival, he said.

After completing all the legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites, he added. (GNS)

Share This Post 👇
Updated: July 11, 2018 — 5:59 pm
Jk Breaking News © 2018
error: Content is protected !!